Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dawn and shampoo to detangle hair?

My niece has very long, think, kinky (polynesian) hair and was told to wash her hair with shampoo and Dawn dish soap. Has anyone ever heard of this? For curly, kinky, long hair??? please help!Dawn and shampoo to detangle hair?
I have never heard of this. I would think stripping all the oils from the hair (which is what Dawn would do) would be horrible and make the hair poofy and frizzy from being horribly dry. I think the results would look like she stuck her finger in a proverbial light socket.





My daughter has thick curly hair and we use a heavy conditioner made for curly hair and don't fully rinse it all out, then to style it I use suave detangler spray and pantene smoothing lisser all over her hair and comb that through with a special detangler comb.





Then to finish it off I use two anti-frizz cremes, one is thick, it's by pantene also and I apply it to the curliest sections (her temples) and the thinner one is called Secret Weapon, by John Frieda (Frizz-Ease line) I apply all over.Dawn and shampoo to detangle hair?
Never heard of that. I mean you can try something called a relaxer I think you will be thrilled with the results. It is a chemical though my mother has used it on me since I was really young. Cream of Nature or maybe for your niece you can get just for kids. Its great and heres how to ';wrap the hair'; It keeps it nice in the morning.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ZuPj389鈥?/a>
if her hair is curly you shouldn't use shampoo at all, or keep it to a minimum of once a week. just condition it everyday. dawn dish soap dries out the hair really bad making more tangles. if you want advice or tips on curly hair try naturallycurly.com its really helped me out. good luck!
Dont use that! It sounds harsh. Just use this as a detangler.


mix 1/2 olive oil %26amp; 1/2 water. Shake it up after the shower and use like a leave in treatment or over-night treatment. And wash out next day. My east -indian friend taught me that, and her hair was incredible amazing smooth and shiny and perfect
Dawn will remove built up grease but will do nothing for detangling-I've never heard of using it for that purpose before.Dawn also kills fleas on pets.If her hair has built up styling products or oils it may be helpful but not for making combing easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment