Monday, December 28, 2009

Can I use salon hair shampoo and conditioner on my ten month old son?

I use pps and would love for him to have healthy hair, salon prducts are amazing and i find supermarket products drying? Is it ok or is it still too much for a ten month old son, and also my son wont let me change him, he squirms, nappy changes are scary for me, he is just so interested in getting up, even in the bath, he just stands, does that mean pull up nappies and showers from now on? Im so confused..Can I use salon hair shampoo and conditioner on my ten month old son?
showers? no continue with baths,and i really wouldn't recommend salon products on him,im sure he is not bothered if he doesn't have 'salon silky hair' like mummy,just use Johnson's that way if hes a wriggler (as you say he is) it wont sting if it gets in his eyes.Can I use salon hair shampoo and conditioner on my ten month old son?
If you are set on using salon products Paul Mitchell has a tear free shampoo. I would recommend just using baby shampoo though for a while the salon products will probably be to much for his sensitive skin. As far as the changing I think every baby does that. My son loves to roll over and crawl across wherever I am changing him. He squirms as fast as he can to get away. You just gotta be faster than them. I have learned to give him something to play with that really catches his eyes while changing him and normally he is okay. And my son also tries to stand up in the bathtub just be patient and sit him back down. My son loves to play in the bath so I just tell him that if he doesnt sit we are getting out and stick to it. If he continues to stand up we get out the tub. :) Hope that helps
I would be using shampoos/conditioners that are natural on your little boy, nothing harsh that can hurt his sensitive skin. Not all kids stuff is gentle...J %26amp; J is shocking and causes lots of problems. Salon stuff may be a little harsh.





It's common for a 10 month old to squirm like crazy during nappy changes...i have to try every trick in the book to get my 11 month old to lay still.





My kids have showers all the time, see if you can get him to sit on the floor, or even just hold him while you are in there with him.
I wouldn't use ';foo-foo'; shampoos on a 10 mth....Baby Shampoos are not drying, alcohol free, gentle on their skin and eyes, and using your shampoo is not going to make his hair healthy...his hair is already healthy (unhealthy hair comes from brushing and blow drying and dirt and elements etc.) also...ALL babies HATE having their diapers changed...give him a bottle or something to hold while you change him to distract him, and learn to change him like the speed of light (I used to get all the supplies ready before I started) I don't really understand about pull up nappies and showers, but no showers for this little guy yet. again, make sure he has toy in the tub, my kids always loved any container/utensil that they could fill up and pour out...try two plastic smallish cups and a big soup ladle type spoon, sit on the floor next to the tub and play too....GOOD LUCK IT DOESNT GET ANY EASIER
No. It's not tearfree poor guy! Use a head to toe baby product.
no it might harm him.



I would recommend against using the salon products. Baby shampoos are designed specifically to keep from overly harming baby, whereas salon products can cause severe pain and even blindness if it gets into baby's eyes. A squirming child makes the likelihood of this happening rise considerably.





As to the squirming, he's just a growing, healthy, and curious boy. He has lots of energy and is looking for a place to spend it. Try playing an active game prior to bath time to help release some of that pent-up energy, or, if bath time is in the middle of the day, try switching to right before bed. With the diaper changing, you may be unintentionally ';letting'; him make changing time scary for you. Try perhaps finding a changing table (some of the ';pack and play'; portable crib/playpen/changing table combos are nice) that has a safety strap. Also be sure to try to keep a firm grip on his ankles as you clean his bottom.





Another thing to think about: at 10 months old, verbal skills are developing rapidly. When he begins to squirm during a changing, let him know that that behavior is unacceptable by telling him ';no'; in a firm, authoritative tone of voice; then praise him when he behaves correctly. Be sure to also tell him exactly why he is such a good boy when he shows calm behavior at changing time (i.e. ';You're being so calm and still while Mommy changes you! You're being so good and Mommy is SO proud of you!). :) Also (and this one may be slightly a long-shot, but it's not impossible), your son may be giving you hints that potty-training is right around the corner. I wouldn't throw away the stash of diapers yet, but starting slow to see if he's ready might not be a bad idea... but don't force him if it doesn't pan out.





Best of luck to you and hope that this will give you some food for thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment